Tuesday, March 07, 2006

PAPITO Y MAMI


Today as always I've been thinking of my parents. It isn't a special day in any way except here in central Ohio it is sunny and very clear today . The sky is like they enjoyed while living in Arizona next to my sister. She took care of them after they moved there from their beautiful island of Puerto Rico. I had not seen this photo of them until my brother sent it a couple of days ago. They looked good, daddy in my brother's Shady Grady and mami with her smile! How I miss them! I know that my sister and brother miss them as well. Life is so short. When you think you have all day to do something the hours and minutes disappear!
"Do what you need to do and want to do now for later will be too late", mami would say. She was right.



They were a fun couple! This gorgeous photo was taken Dec. 2003. My last Christmas with my Papito y Mami. My Mami died May 7 2004 and Papito January 4 2005. They are together as they were always meant to be.


The Twenty-third Psalm was my Mom and Dad's evening prayer. Mom recited it out-loud; Dad whispered it with her.






No comments: